About Southern Institute of Maritime Studies
SIMS was established on 18th October 2000 to provide and set up training and re-training services that should protect and formulate socio-economic programs and give additional knowledge in Maritime requirement to the Filipino Seafarers, provide assistance, seminar, up grading and training services necessary for the promotion of the welfare of the members as per requirements of the Shipping industry both domestic and overseas.
In view of SIMS pursuit and zeal for excellence in achieving the highest standards of maritime training and education, the institute has acquired its ISO 9001 accreditation certificate from the Det Norske Veritas last 26th day March 2001.
Maritime Training Council (MTC) has given its accreditation to SIMS to offer and conduct courses as per the requirements mandated and set by the STCW ‘78 as amended in 1995 last 23rd February 2001. SIMS also provides services to shipping and manning companies for their special courses or in-house training programmes.
SOUTHERN INSTITUTE OF MARITIME STUDIES has the total dedication for the promotion of safety of life and property at sea, the safeguarding and protection of the maritime environment and the eagerness to respond the needs of all shipping agencies and their trainees and painstakingly carried out its goal towards clientele’s satisfaction.
ACCREDITATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Republic of Liberia (Bureau of Maritime Affairs)
- Republic of the Marshall Islands (Office of the Maritime Administrator)
- Panama Maritime Authority
- IMaREST (Institute of Marine Engineering Scientist Technology)
- Nautical Institute (NI)
- Marine Society and Sea Cadets
- Royal Institutions Singapore
- MARINA (Maritime Industry Authority)
- TESDA (Technical Education and Skills Development Authority)
- OWWA (Overseas Workers Welfare Administration)
- PCGA (Philippine Coast Guard Auxilliary)
- Philippine Association of Maritime Training Center, Inc. (PAMTCI)
- AARHMEI (Association of Administration Hospitality, Hotel and Restaurant Management Educational Institute)
- TATAP (TESDA Assessors Trainers Association of the Philippines, Inc.)
- ATMAAC (Association of TESDA Manila Accredited Assessment Centers)
- DNV-GL ISO 9001 : 2008